The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Actor, improviser, musician, presenter and probably a dab hand at twenty-five other things she's too humble to tell us about, Rachel is one of the most versatile and multi-talented performers on the UK circuit.
As a comedian, she has won critical acclaim for her solo shows which have run at the Edinburgh Fringe, the Soho Theatre London and on national tours, and has been awarded Best Musical Comedy Show (Whats On London), Best Jokes of the Fringe (Telegraph), been nominated for Best Show 2016 (Funny Women) and recommended as a Pick of the Fringe by the Guardian who described it as "beautifully crafted and performed...tears of laughter".
She is also an experienced improviser, and is a founding member of the award-winning improv comedy smash hit Austentatious, an Edinburgh Fringe sell-out show, UK Tour sell-out, with a residency in London's West End and has been broadcast on BBC Radio 4. She has made several other appearances on BBC Radio 4 and BBC 6 Music, most recently in The Now Show, and on TV, she appeared in the highly anticipated IT Crowd Special on Channel 4, which was nominated in the BAFTA Awards. Rachel presented the Game of Thrones fanshow, Thronecast, on Sky Atlantic and she has appeared in BBC2's Murder In Successville, Russell Howard's Good News, satirical sketch show Revolting and is currently on BBC2's topical comedy show The Mash Report.
"A joyous story...effortlessly moving between poignancy and gags...an uplifting, life-affirming hour." The List
"As a proposition, Parris is in her Springtime." Independent
"Blonde, gorgeous, talented and very funny. Her delivery and timing are as precise and skilled as hand-etched glass. This is classy, clever, controlled comedy. Like all great comics, she can take the room where she wants...Uproarious." Scotsman
Ben Pope is a stand up and actor. He was a finalist in So You Think You’re Funny in 2015 and was president of The Cambridge Footlights and has toured extensively with them, including in the USA in 2014. He is the perfect example of the very posh boy being very silly indeed. Expect gentle cynicism, marvellous leftfield references and big laughs.
“Perfectly silly and intelligent in equal measure.” Broadway Baby *****
“Smart and artfully ramshackle.” The List ****
The man behind possibly the finest Fringe show title of all time ('A Not So Chubby Brown') is a prolific and exciting new comic. A young Geordie Asian man combining fierce political satire with surreal storytelling, in just a few short years, his debut solo show: Newcastle Brown Male (that's another good one) gained critical acclaim at the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe Festival earning him a top pick of both BBC Radio 4 and the Huffington Post. It also gained him radio credits for BBC Radio 4's State of the Nation and BBC Asia Networks Big Asian Comedy Night. In January 2017, Rahul became an award-winning comedian winning the prestigious NATYS, formerly the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year Award.
“Dripping with erudite genius.” Fest
“Slick gag machine.” Chortle
Christian is an inventive and subversive comic and performer who has delighted crowds at various Fringe festivals for the past few years with his unique take on one-liners and excellent personal storytelling.
“An absolutely engaging performer. The women next to me nearly dislocated something, so much was she laughing. Can’t say fairer than that.” The Scotsman
“Talbot has a show which has the potential to be a hit at home and abroad.” Ed Fest Mag
Annie is a cracking up-coming stand-up and writer who has delighted crowds over the past couple of years at the Edinburgh Fringe, where her two ‘ The Seven Ages of An’ and ‘Ambivert’ have featured in Dave’s Top Ten Funniest Jokes of the Fringe, as well as similar lists in The Telegraph and The i Paper.
"Laidback, freewheeling... Endearingly low-fi." The List
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statuesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of North London.
"Sharp and crafty gagsmith, a life-giving compere." Chortle
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.