The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
If we were to use one word to describe Brendon Burns’ career it’d be “interesting”.
This is not your everyday comic. Older, wiser, calmer (and after being fitted with a hearing aid, infinitely quieter) Brendon’s energy is still enticing. His turn of phrase is coarse yet oddly eloquent, whilst remaining fully accessible and intensely loveable. Never pompous and ever self-deprecating he just somehow seems to get away with murder. Not so much an “edgy truth-sayer” but a traditionally harmless and inclusive warm-hearted court jester. His influence is ubiquitous throughout the stand up world. Often replicated but never matched, his shows aren’t just extended sets, Burns specialises in creating experiences: forever experimenting with the form and throwing himself new challenges.
Ask around and you’ll find every comic on the international scene has a funny Brendon Burns story. A, “They were there the night he…” tale. His talent and infamy have earned him the biggest prize in British comedy - best show at the Edinburgh Fringe 2007. In the decade since that Brendon has become the archetypal road comic, travelling the world in search of new challenges and different audiences, especially with his taboo-busting 'Dumb White Guy' podcast, asking the questions others fear are too stupid or insulting, to help break down barriers of race, gender and sexuality. He has also spent more time gigging in unusual venues - including a tour of fan's living rooms!
Sure he’s critically acclaimed, a comic’s comic and something of a cult figure. But, above all, he’s… well… interesting.
“A comedians’ comedian… a perennial mischief-maker.” ★★★★ Chortle
“His peers are not other stand ups but more from the literary World. Burns is the William Burroughs and Charles Bukowski of stand up.” The Guardian
“Not only has he been pushing back the boundaries of taste for years, I’m quite certain he has no idea where they are.” Jimmy Carr
Lancashire comedian, Katie Mulgrew really likes making people laugh and she’s an absolute smasher at doing the job. A hugely in demand compere around the country, her personable, chatty style makes her adept at winning the affections of any crows. She’s done lots of lovely things whilst being a comedian like being tour support for The Boy With Tape On His Face and Vikki Stone, as well as writing for The News Quiz and appearing on a couple of episodes of the CBBC show, The Dog Ate My Homework. Away from performing she’s is also a skilled playwright and she won the inaugural 2015 Liverpool Hope playwriting prize with her show ‘Omnibus’.
“Comedy courses through her veins.” Metro
“Self-deprecating good humour and great delivery…hilarious and sweet.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
With acclaimed sketch trio WitTank, Kieran has enjoyed nine years of sold-out audiences at the Edinburgh Fringe as well as numerous gigs and comedy festivals in the UK and Ireland. In 2011 they received a Best Show Nomination at the Leicester Comedy Festival, and appeared on Three at the Fringe (BBC3) and BBC Radio Scotland. He’s also developed a tremendous solo stand-up act, crackling with smart ideas and hugely evocative and silly act outs.
“Like a young Simon Amstell…Impressively funny…Terrific material.” The Scotsman
Already a brilliant trombophonist, Sarah came to greater prominence last summer as runner-up in the So You Think Your Funny? new act competition at the Edinburgh Fringe.
One of Northern Ireland’s most promising up-and -coming comics; John overflows with ideas, and charm. He is quickly making a name for himself with richly detailed, and very entertaining storytelling. John’s sharp jokes and wonderful stories have been leaving audiences wowed since he first walked on the stage. His positive energy and infectious enthusiasm have seen him become an act in much demand throughout Europe and the UK. Performing at prestigious clubs such as The Comedy Café, Backyard Comedy Club, The Stand, The Frog and Bucket, Soho Comedy London, and thousands of others which have harder names to spell.
As seen on BBC 3 and heard on BBC Radio, Leicester Square New Comedian of the year finalist 2017.
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
Selected by Time Out as one to watch, Masud Milas is one of the most exciting new acts to emerge from the UK comedy circuit. Looking like he’s just stepped out of a 70s crime series, Masud’s comedy is unique, intelligent and addictive. King of Retro, master of cool, lover of food, movies, changing culture, social history and creator of healthy fast food masterpieces, Masud is ready for whatever comes his way. Masud performs up and down the country and supported Stephen K Amos in his 2013 tour.
“Super Chilled out.” Time Out
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.