The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Starting his stand-up career in 2011, Adam showed himself to be one of the most exciting new acts in the country, winning the Chortle Student Comedy Award and taking a runner-up place in Leicester Square Theatre New Act of the Year award that same year. He originally became known for his surreal one-liners however later went on to prove himself as an accomplished story-teller and sketch-writer. He was later nominated for Chortle Best Newcomer and Leicester Mercury New Act Of The Year.
A prolific writer; Adam has also become widely known for his unique brand of comedy on Twitter and in the last two years has accrued tens of thousands of followers from the jokes he posts there alone. The BBC even filmed a selection of his tweets as sketches starring him as one of their ‘Feed My Funny’ videos. He has also written for such TV regulars as Seann Walsh and Chris Ramsey.
In 2013 a tweet by Adam was voted funniest of the year by The Telegraph.
"For good quality gags per minute, there is no better comedian." ★★★★The Independent
"Relentlessly entertaining, full of beautiful imagery." ★★★★Time Out
“Bangs out lines quicker than Scarface.” Evening Standard
Jim is a stand up, writer and actor. His 2 solo hours at Edinburgh played to sold out houses and critical acclaim and his debut was named one of the Top 10 EdFringe shows in the Amused Moose/2Entertain Laughter Awards. Jim has written for ESPN and Russell Howard’s Good News (BBC3) and his podcast, The Football Ramble has won 7 awards, has over 80,000 listeners and recently packed fans into venues up and down the country on their inaugural tour.
★★★★ The List ★★★★ Fest
“Exquisitely written, punchline-driven material without cliché. It’s hard to imagine a subject he couldn’t come up with an original and literate joke about.” Chortle
Comedian, musician and presenter, Tom Houghton is a natural comic talent. A former member of improv comedy group The Noise Next Door, Tom was raised amongst the height of the British Upper Class, he attended boarding school from 6 years old, his father is the ex-professional head of the entire UK Armed forces and he currently resides in The Tower of London… so naturally, a career in comedy beckoned! Funny and charming, with roguish tales and hilarious songs, Tom Houghton is star on the rise. Most recently, Tom was named a finalist in the 2017 Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year Awards and went on to take his eagerly awaited debut solo hour, ‘Class Half Empty’ to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this August, selling out the entire run within in the first week and adding extra shows due to popular demand.
“This unexpected tour de force warrants a 21-gun salute.” ★★★★ Daily Telegraph
“A hefty package of entertainment.” ChortleALISON THEA-SKOT
As a solo character comedian she launched on to the circuit and within a year was a Finalist in both The Funny’s Funny and Funny Women Competitions. She has since taken two solo character comedy shows to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where she received raved reviews, was selected as part of The Telegraph’s Best of the Fringe, Mervyn Stutter’s Pick of the Fringe and featured on The BBC Culture Show.
“A satisfyingly dark writer and wildly versatile performer…a terrific new comic creation.” The Telegraph
“A delightfully batty character affair.” The List
“Mayhem and mischief in this hour of colourful alter egos.” Metro
Paul Sweeney is a comedian with a sharp, self-deprecating style, when combined with his own eclectic taste and unique sensibility, is in turn both entertaining and beguiling, infinitely charming.
“Intriguing and memorable.” Chortle
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.