The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Welsh Comedian Kiri Pritchard-Mclean has been making something of a name for herself in the short time she's being performing stand up comedy and has achieved further success as one fourth of multi-award winning sketch group Gein's Family Giftshop (in capacity as writer/director) and through her wildly popular podcast All Killa, No Filla.
A unique and assured comic voice, Kiri is whipsmart with material to match. An apprenticeship on the North West comedy scene has equipped Kiri with a presence beyond her years and the rare ability to be challenging in her material without alienating her audience. She has recently appeared on BBC Radio 4's The Now Show and Russell Howard's Stand-Up Central and has just been nominated for Chortle's Best Club Comic and Best Compere.
"The kind of sensibilities that would unsettle even the darkest of League of Gentleman fans.” ★★★★★ The Sunday Times
“An increasingly impressive comic, making powerhouse stand-up from the thorniest of subjects.” The Guardian
“Best described as ‘darkness wrapped in glitter’ as she delivers some brutal jokes with a disarming smile.” Chortle
Jacob Hawley is one of the boldest new voices on the circuit, and is beginning to build a following after reaching the finals of the BBC New Comedy Award 2017. He has a self-aware, conversational style and delivers a hilariously introspective social commentary based on his small town suburban upbringing. He regularly performs at some of the biggest and best clubs in the country and has won King Gong at London’s Comedy Store.
‘"Mature, sharp wit, a relaxed manner and an undertow of political passion… Clever, and different.’ Beyond the Joke
"Mocks blind patriotism in an enjoyably offbeat way. Nicely Wry." Chortle
Jenny moved from the Welsh mountains to the Big Smoke in 2010 and has since embarked upon a career in stand-up comedy. The past 18 months have been spectacular for her as she was crowned Laughing Horse New Act of the Year, Hobgoblin New Act of the Year and appeared on BBC Radio 4 and The Rhod Gilbert Show. A mix of warm filth and inventive wordplay, Jenny’s set is always a winner.
“Very likeable…Clearly a rising star.” Evening Standard
“One to watch.” Edinburgh Evening News
A regular finalist in a variety of new act competitions, Neil has a smart incisive wit, married to natural Irish charm that's making him one of the most enticing new prospects on the circuit. Don't be fooled by his sweet, schoolboyish exterior - there is a powerful comic mind at work behind those eyes!
"Witty observations... appealing, anecdotal style." Chortle
"Whimsical... Evokes the spirit of David O'Doherty." Beyond the Joke
Simon is one of the most inventive acts on the circuit - a constant engine of invention, whether its creating beautiful comedy vignettes with his one-liners or insanely brilliant podcast concepts like the Audio Time Capsule, in which guests conduct interviews with themselves, one year apart.
"Very funny." The Scotsman
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.