The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Glenn began his comedy career in his hometown of Vancouver in 1995. He moved to London in 1998 and quickly became an established star of the London comedy circuit and now he is a star of the world comedy circuit. Having performed nearly everywhere, Glenn is truly one of the funniest comedians all over the planet right now. He is the perfect depiction of the rock’n’roll comic, favouring a wardrobe that wouldn’t look out of place on the set of ‘Almost Famous’, whilst having the shaggy dog stories and tall tale to match. Glenn is much more than a simple yarn-spinner: he’s as comfortable spouting delightfully offbeat whimsy as he is mining his own life for laughs, as well as throwing in undeniably sage and funny social commentary. Mix that with spell-binding charisma and a near-operatic delivery and you have the recipe for one of the finest comics walking the earth today!
Most recently Glenn has conquered most of the States with performances on John Oliver’s 'New York Stand-Up Show' and Jim Nortons 'Down and Dirty'. As well as appearances on '8 Out Of 10 Cats', 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks', ‘Russell Howard’s Good News’ and numerous other UK stand-up shows. In recent years Glenn has hit the International circuit in a big way, performing to huge crowds in Singapore, Cape Town, Melbourne, Montreal, LA, New York, Holland, Dubai, Auckland and Sydney.
“Effortlessly funny with an affability that other comics can only dream of – You have to go and see Glenn Wool. ” The Guardian
“If Like me, you believe that nobody could be much funnier than a cross between Jack Black and Meat Loaf, then you’ll be pleased to learn that such a man exists” The Independent on Sunday
“Seeing Glenn Wool perform should be made compulsory for the melancholy. There’s no way you won’t feel a bit better about the world afterwards. Lethally funny” ****Metro
Managing to mix silliness with edginess, Juliet has a chatty style that allows her to interact with the crowd; this makes her much in demand both as a comedian and an MC. She has been bringing her own brand of hilarious, cerebral, observational, gag –driven, (mostly gender non-specific), comedy to the stage for 7 years.
“Devilish coy look, excellent material with some on the edge gags.” The Scotsman
“Laugh out loud funny, wonderfully bizarre ideas.” Chortle
Joe is very much in the vanguard of young political comics unleashing on the current shower calling themselves our government. Since he started performing comedy almost a decade ago he has delivered several hugely well-received shows featuring his excellently crafted mixture of silliness, absurdism and polemic, all in the pursuit of big, big laughs. His work hasn’t gone un-noticed by some of the biggest names in industry and Joe has supported both Alexei Sayle and Frankie Boyle on tour.
Night of the Living Tories was Joe’s debut hour long stand up show, in which he dug up the corpses of the British Conservative Party of the past and put them on display to horrifying consequence. Joe took his follow up show, 10 Thing I Hate About UKIP, to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2016 and in 2017 took I Hope I Die Before I Start Voting Conservative.
"A battery of good jokes about our bad government." The Guardian
"Highly original, inspired and suitably different from the rest of the crowd. Brilliantly crafted jokes." Comedy Central
Edy Hurst started performing comedy in 2013 and combines short, punch-line filled musical comedy with a skewed oddball take on the world. With jokes that creep up on you, Edy is fast becoming an exciting new addition to the comedy circuit with a unique and intelligent take on stand music comedy expectations.
Nominated for the BBC New Comedy Award 2017, Finalist for the Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act 2017, Edy is Winner of Tickled Pig 2013, Runner up of Red in the Face New Act 2014, and Finalist in the Met Bury New Comedian of the year 2016.
"Full to the brim with ideas." Broadway Baby
“A manic ball of comedy energy.” Gigglebeats
Yuriko is a UK-based Japanese comedian, who began performing stand-up in 2014. She was named as ‘one to watch’ by Time Out and won the BBC Radio New Comedy Award in 2015. Yuriko appeared on Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central in 2016 and in BBC Three’s Pls Like in 2017. Her fish out of water take on British culture has endeared her to audiences all around the country, especially as she wrong-foots their expectations, providing more bite than her initially polite bark suggest.
"Leftfield rising star." Time Out
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.