The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
One of the finest writers and performers of his generation, Sean is already hugely well respected by his peers and slowly, but surely the wider world is catching on. A marvellous mixture of pin-sharp observation, deceptively skillful physical comedy and an enormous lexicon with which to display his multiple hilarious neurosis, Sean is poetic, dyspeptic and very, very funny. He is so highly rated that he has spent much of the past few years as tour support for Ricky Gervais, Doc Brown and Katherine Ryan, whilst also appearing on Russell Howard's Stand-Up Central and Live at the Comedy Store. Sean's most recent TV outing was starring in Viceland's 'Brexit Stage Left' alongside Jamali Maddix, Fern Brady & Alfie Brown. It surely can't be long before this powerful. revelatory performer breaks through into the big time!
“The best comedian you haven't heard of yet.” Time Out
“One brilliant punchline after another.... staggeringly high success rate.” The List
“A sheer maelstrom of emotion with jokes bombarded into the audience.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“A terrifically intense and eloquent hour of comedy.” Independent
Sophie Duker is a wickedly funny new comedian with banter and braids for days. She reached the finals of the prestigious Funny Women Awards a few months after her first stand-up gig, is a co-host of the cult comedy show MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRLS and in 2017 appeared in the prestigious Pleasance Reserve showcase at the Edinburgh Fringe.
She has written for BBC Radio Comedy on programmes such as The Now Show, It’s Jocelyn and Newsjack, and is a comedy contributor to The Huffington Post.
“A sparky proposition… intelligent jokes.” Independent
Originally from New York and a product of the Japanese stand-up comedy scene (nope, we didn't realise it had one either), Spring is an punky, opinionated and idiosyncratic comic who has been tearing it up at global festivals for years.
"She's fucking funny. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more delightful and life affirming than Spring Day. Oh and she's not drunk, that's her real walk." Brendon Burns
"Day's best material is when discussing her cerebal palsy. She's got just the right amount of irreverance and quite expertly makes the audience feel comfortable about laughing at it." The Skinny
A unique mixture of one-liners and Scandinavian-tinged stories has earned Olaf the purely fictitious title of ‘Sweden’s eighth funniest comedian’. His recent exploits include coming second in the 2014 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year, beating the Comedy Store’s infamous Gong Show (twice just to show off!) being crowned the 2013 Golden Jester and also being named Last Minute Comedy Club’s New Act of 2013.
“A mixture of audience interaction and jokes worthy of Milton Jones. His easy confidence and a sense of performance endeared him to the crowd.” Chortle
Gareth does comedy. Quite a bit of it. He wrote and performed in the award-winning & critically-acclaimed sketch group, Delete the Banjax, and now spends his time gigging his own special brand of musical comedy with a bit of stand-up and poetry thrown in for good measure.
"Incredibly fun, fast-paced sketch comedy with fresh, innovative skits and charming performances from a gifted quartet." ★★★★ Time Out
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.