The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
An Irish whirlwind of lively crowd interaction, high-fallutin' concepts and warm-hearted craic, Keith is one of the warmest and smartest headliners around. Every set is different and every set is like having a conversation with your very best mate, in which you feel yourself becoming smarter with every sentence you listen to. Whether taking on global economics, surveillance, the death penalty or the slings and arrows of love, Keith is always 100% compelling.
Keith has appeared on BBC’s Michael Mcintyre Comedy Roadshow as well as adapting his own comedy documentary for RTE, Money, Money, Money: Keith Farnan versus the Economy. He is a true global comic as well, having performed as a stand-up all over the world, from Montreal to Amsterdam to Hong Kong. His four Edinburgh Festival shows have proved a powerful mix of the personal and the political and have sold out their runs at the major comedy festivals in the UK as well as the Soho Theatre and Royal Festival Hall in London.
“Artful, satirical…with a lightness of touch and a hefty helping of roguish Celtic charm.” The Sunday Times
“If Eddie Izzard had been Irish, he’d surely have turned out a lot like Keith Farnan.” The Scotsman
Steve Bugeja is one of comedy’s most exciting rising stars. Making a name for himself on TV, Steve has appeared on Love Island: Aftersun, Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central and Dog Ate My Homework. He was one of a select few acts at the 2017 Melbourne International Comedy Festival to perform as part of the Opening Night Comedy Allstars Supershow and on Comedy Up Late. It's no surprise really, as Steve's brand of glitchy, well-observed comedy mined from his own social-awkwardness is a reliable hit with crowds who can sense they're never more than a few seconds away from another killer punchline.
In 2017, Steve embarked on a national tour of his Edinburgh Fringe show Summer Camp, including a sold-out night at London’s Leicester Square Theatre. His previous shows Unpronounceable (2016) and Day Release (2015) were both met with critical acclaim, with each going on to sold-out nights at Soho Theatre. After being crowned the BBC New Comedy Award winner in 2013, Steve performed in the Fringe’s longest-running showcase The Comedy Zone and provided tour support for Russell Kane.
“Bugeja has an eye for original comic detail that’s all his own.’” The Guardian
“His social nightmares make for assured comedy, and it’s easy to see why the audience listening at home voted him the BBC New Comedy Award winner of 2013. Greater things surely await” Chortle
If you want a six-legged comedy horse to back as a future star, then look no further than Richard Todd. He has been in huge demand up and down the country thanks to his one-in-a-million originality and a brain that is capable of blurting out the most outrageous and hilarious absurdities and images.
“An inventive comic thinker, with surrealism that creates weird imagery with robust, if unlikely, internal logic. He delivers with the passion of an insane preacher, and there’s a keen off-the-wall wit throughout.” Chortle
A perennial finalist in all the major new act competitions, the deft and understated Benji has proved a hit with comedy crowds for the past couple of years. Drawing on his own personal experiences, as well as his job working in the health sector, Benji has charmed crowds into laughter with great skill and aplomb.
“Absolutely brilliant.” The Scotsman
Zahra is probably the only Irish-Egyptian comic working anywhere in the world today and she effortless mines her unique backstory to tell weird and wonderful stories of her life. She’s a BBC New Comedy Award semi-finalist and Reading New Act of the Year finalist.
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.