The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Still a relative newcomer to the London comedy scene, Eleanor has the swagger and inventiveness of a veteran. A delightfully bamboozled presence on stage disguises a scalpel-like approach to dissecting the daftness of modern life and makes her a seriously funny proposition on stage. It's no surprise that despite her few years in the capital she's already a regular at the prestigious Comedy Store.
She's also a regular at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, she was featured on Stewart Lee’s Alternative Comedy Experience on Comedy Central. She has played Glastonbury, Montreal Just For Laughs and all of the Irish comedy festivals. The IFTA-nominated Irish Pictorial Weekly on RTE was co-written and co-performed by Eleanor. Her National Therapy Project was nominated for the First Fortnight Award in the Dublin Fringe Festival this year.
“A distinctive, inspired comic mind.” The Scotsman
“The fastest-rising comedy talent in the country.” Irish Times
“Tiernan boasts a magnificent curl in her lip and snarl in her voice.” Sunday Times
Winner of the EMMA Award for Best Comedian, Ria Lina makes an impact with her dry wit and bawdy ukulele songs, having been a regular on the international stand-up comedy for the past 14 years. Her most recent show “School of Riason” was nominated for the Amused Moose Laughter Awards at the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, contained one of Dave TV’s Top 10 Jokes of the Festival, and was commissioned by Radio 4 as a half-hour special to be aired in 2016. She is a pocket-sized dynamo of inventive and cheeky humour.
“Fearless, provocative and very funny.” Scotsman
“Engaging, endearing and eye-opening.” Time Out
Baby-faced comedian with the voice of an angel on 40 B&H a day.
With a caustic, catty wit and unapologetic confidence, he has taken the UK comedy circuit by the balls, and the circuit liked it. Selected for the Pleasance Comedy Reserve at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2015 and a finalist in the prestigious NATYs awards and Leicester Square Theatre New Comedian, Joe now performs at the biggest and best clubs in the country.
"Takes to the stage like an old pro, oozing star power from every pore. He combines borderline offensive self-confidence and biting punchlines with an openness that leaves the audience totally tamed." The Mirror
"Demands attention... He exudes a star quality, and on his own terms... Definitely one to watch." Chortle
Simon Watt is a biologist, writer, science communicator, comedian and TV presenter.
He runs the “Ugly Animal Preservation Society” which is a comedy night with a conservation twist. It went on to find global fame/notoriety when it teamed up with the National Science and Engineering Competition to host an online campaign resulting in the election of the blobfish as the ugliest animal on the planet.
His new book “The Ugly Animals: We Can’t All be Pandas” is out now. He has also written dozens of articles for national newspapers and websites including The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, the Daily Mirror and the New York Daily News.
He is a regular contributor to TV, radio and web and is perhaps best known as a presenter on the BAFTA winning documentary series Inside Nature’s Giants and the Channel 4 special The Elephant: Life After Death.
"All the wit and passion of the best stand-ups." Chortle
Emmy Blotnick is a comedian and writer based in New York. She is currently a staff writer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. She has also performed standup on the show. Previously she was Head Writer/Co-Executive Producer of The President Show on Comedy Central.
An incredibly "bold performer" (Chortle) is half of Loose Brie, So You Think You're Funny Sketch Finalists '17. He's a bit of a clown and a lot of an idiot.
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1, Randolph Street, NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.